WORK WITH US
WHO ARE WE?
As a leader in the construction industry, at Axxys Group we thrive to provide exceptional service f rom Coast to Coast across Canada & the USA. Since our beginnings in 1998, we have built our reputation on reliability & quality.
At Axxys we take pride in having a highly people-oriented culture. We have the wellbeing of our employees and the Excellence in our services as main objectives.
We work hard into maintaining a trustworthy relationship with our customers where we always take our engagements to the next level and invest all the necessary effort and devotion to preserve our reputation of “Always delivering projects on time, on budget”!
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Are you a dynamic person who is passionate about construction in all its details and shapes? Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can start a career in a company that has proven to always offer the best to its team members and take them to higher levels? Do you want to have your name associated to a leader in the industry whose name is equivalent to continuous success, continuous growth and multiple awards winning champion?
Here is your chance.
What does your day to day with us look like
- Ensure that the agreed upon deadlines are met and that the quality of the work performed is maintained while ensuring a safe environment.
- Coordinate the "Project Kick-Off" meeting with all involved parties
- Evaluate the appropriateness of established deadlines and, if necessary, renegotiate more realistic deadlines with those involved
- Review the information and data available on a given project to be able to identify, jointly with the project manager, the site superintendent to whom the work supervision mandate will be entrusted
- Identify and communicate to the concerned stakeholders the key elements of the project that they must take into account
- Negotiate and award contracts to subcontractors and provide the necessary information to the assistant project manager in order to issue the subcontract according to the company's procedures
- Make the plans issued for construction available to the subcontractors
- Order the necessary materials and equipment and give the information to the assistant project manager in order to issue the purchase order
- Follow up with regular and punctual meetings with the concerned persons before the realization of each important step of the project to ensure the respect of the established deadlines and other key elements of the project
- Establish and agree, if necessary, with the persons concerned on the implementation of appropriate corrective measures
- Act as a resource person and link between the various internal and external stakeholders involved in the execution of the project
- Ensure the quality of the work carried out as well as the prevention of health and safety issues
- Regularly monitor budgeted and actual costs to identify variances
- Provide, as needed, the accounting department with information and data related to the processing of subcontractors' invoices
- Follow up to ensure that the amount invoiced to subcontractors is in line with the value of the work performed and/or the agreements established with them
- Follow up periodically on amounts to be invoiced to clients
- Follow up with appropriate internal and external parties to identify legitimate additional work not covered by the contract that should be billed to clients
- Oversee the duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Project Manager and evaluate their annual performance.
What do you need to ensure Excellence in your role?
- 5-7 years of solid experience in project management in high rise/retail construction for big projects from conception to delivery
- Construction related education (Architecture / Engineering / Project Management)
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Project and Procor
- Capacity to wok under pressure and set priorities tasks while multi-tasking and handling various trades and projects and handle projects to the start to finish.
- Available to work in the office and in the construction fields.
- Available and has necessary certifications to visit job sites across Canada and the USA
- Solid experience in project planning, estimating, scheduling, cost controls, project administration and contract management.
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, quality and project execution
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills interacting directly with clients’ architects, consultants, contractors, trades. Etc..
What will you get in return?
Having our employees at heart, at Axxys we are constantly working to offering the best for our team members and their families.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Insurance Plan, including medical and dental benefits paid at 50% by the employer
- 2 sick/ 1personal days per year
- Weeks of vacation
- Free parking assigned to you at day 1
- Free coffee and tea
- Yearly performance and salary reviews
- Early departure on Friday during summer
- Social events.
- Flexible working hours
- Engaging culture and a very friendly and supporting team
We support the principle of equal employment opportunity and encourage qualified candidates. Only selected candidates will be contacted.